PROGRAMME OFFICER SERVICES
I am an independent and impartial Programme Officer covering Planning Examinations and Transport & Works Act (TWA) Order Inquiries across England and Wales. I have 17 years' experience and am on the Planning Inspectorate's List of Approved Programme Officers.
In case you are not familiar with the role, as Programme Officer I am responsible for the administration and organisation of Planning Examinations, dealing with long term strategic planning, such as Local Plans. I also cover Transport & Works Act (TWA) Inquiries. I work as a self-employed consultant, with most contracts lasting 8-12 months. Usually demands fluctuate quite considerably throughout a contract, so I am used to working on a flexible basis. I am appointed by the Local Authority or organisation responsible for the examination or inquiry, however I report to the relevant Government Inspector.
- A Programme Officer with 17 years’ experience of inquiries and substantial experience of examinations, including the first Examination to be held under the current planning system
- On List of Approved Programme Officers held by the Planning Inspectorate
- An adaptable professional with excellent administrative and IT skills, including development of Access databases, website design, Word, Excel and Outlook
- First class organisational skills with proven ability to assimilate and apply new and complex information, and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Conscientious and methodical self-starter, who brings a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to work
If you are interested in working with me, I'd love to hear from you!